To keep your body healthy, strong and injury free, here are 8 things to remember every day
1. Check your posture regularly. Sit or stand upright and release tension from your shoulders.
2. Stretch and breathe deeply every hour.
3. Keep your body balanced. If you find that you’re quite one sided in the way that you sit or stand, practice the opposite movements. For example, if you usually cross your right leg over your left, make an effort to spend some time with your left leg crossed over your right.
4. Release tension throughout your body when standing by bending your knees slightly.
5. Always bend from the hips and not the waist, whatever you’re doing, working, sitting, standing, exercising or going about your daily routine.
6. Avoid over-reaching. Move your body, not just your arms.
7. Keep your head on your body. OK, sounds silly but we mean make sure your head is on top of and in line with your body rather than drooping forwards or sagging sideways.
8. Aim to stand or move with your hips, knees, ankles and toes in alignment.